Monday, October 27, 2008

frustrations

Things were incredibly difficult to work on this week. With complications at work, other assignments due in other classes, and getting sick from Friday till Monday, I haven't been able to do as much on this project as I had hoped. Also, due to scheduling complications, my performer will be unavailable until Thursday of next week (November 6th). And even then, I can only work in the night time, after 6pm. It's really frustrating not being able to get over this hurdle, but that is the risk I have to take when working with people other than myself... I can't really begin work on the 3D modeling or placement/animation of the 2D graphics until I have this footage. So I will have to concentrate my efforts on designs, storyboards, and planning. I am setting a chunk of time tomorrow specifically for writing up the opening scene, which I should be able to shoot this coming weekend, as I have both days free from work.

I managed to get a simple workaround for the mismatch in rendering resolutions using widescreen. It's a trick I picked up from a project I did on my own some time ago using just a black and white rectangle the size of the screen. Anyway, long story short, if I render scenes out of Maya in 854x480, for some reason, it will perfectly fit with the standard NTSC widescreen DVD settings and not need stretching once inside premiere.

I'm also working on a timechart to organize what shots I want for different segments of the song. This will help both in the shooting phase and the editing phase for organizing and keeping track of shots. I'll get that posted up as soon as I complete it.

No comments: