Friday, October 31, 2008

Blue Screen Room Booked

I finally got a date nailed down for shooting. First of all, the green screen setup at the middle school was only temporary, so that's out. But as for the room on campus, after finding out that Thursdays were no bueno, I reserved the overnight block on a Wednsday (Nov. 5th). We'll be getting in there around 6pm and will have pretty much the whole night to film. With the shot list I posted last time, and the availability of multiple cameras, I can't imagine shooting would take more than an hour or two. But should some issues arise, at least we'll have plenty of time to work them out. I already plan to bring my own lights, extension cord, and power strip just in case. I also plan to direct-feed record onto my laptop for at least one of the cameras, just so I can make sure the footage is workable. I wouldn't want to get home with a bunch of footage that turned out to be unusable for one reason or another (too many shadows in bluescreen, angle cut off, cropped wrong, etc).

Now, if for some crazy reason the blue screen room doesn't work out, I do have a backup plan of using my own personal lighting kit on some chroma green fabric that I have. It's not as much, so it would be harder to work with, but at least I'm not up a creek without a paddle should the blue screen room somehow fall through.

No comments: