Sunday, November 30, 2008

jumping cameras and tropical settings

Got some neat stuff accomplished recently. I finally got all the camera movements taken care of and rendered out the entire first scene. I have a video clip of that available here:





Also, while building the second new scene (tropical), I stumbled upon the paint effects tools and found out two things that I did not know before: 1) it's rediculously easy to use and 2) you can apparently convert paint effect meshes into polygons. When I saw they had palm tree meshes as one of the paint effect brushes, I proceeded to paint and convert a nice little island of trees that looks really, really nice:



I will likely run into some small looping problems with the trees, as the tree meshes sway naturally with some kind of artificial wind. I have no idea how to control it, so I will either just deal with it as is and have it jump every 4 seconds, or I found out that if you duplicate the objects, they lose their animating properties and remain entirely still. Which route I take depends on how badly the jumping is between clips... Also, I wanted something thrown on the right side, so I made and textured a little flag sign thing that says 踊り, which is Japanese for "Dance." I don't have the little fire tiki things holding up the stage yet, but it's getting late, and I don't think I'll be able to work on it at all tomorrow, so I'll post what I have so far.

No comments: