Tuesday, November 4, 2008

At my wit's end!

First of all, my work had scheduled me to close on Wednsday, thus nullifying my ability to shoot that night. But it doesn't seem to matter much anyway, because when I went in today to change my reservation from tomorrow to Friday (when I am scheduled to open, and will be free in the afternoon), I arrive to see this:


So what this means is not only did something happen to my reservation for room 140 (the blue screen room), someone else seems to have reserved all time slots for the following three days; including Friday. I am sick and tired of dealing with this facility and I will no longer be using it. After my final class today, I am stopping by a fabric store to pick up some chroma green screen fabric and will shoot it in my garage. I have a lighting kit and I am using my friend's professional camera anyway, so I don't think it will be that bad.

I have been putting off building the 3D models for the scenes, as I was assuming to have my shooting done and would be working on that instead. I did spend a small amount of time preparing the 2D graphics and animating them to the music. I have a simple beat blink that is synced pretty well with the music, but nothing noteworthy enough to render out and upload to youtube.

As far as the 3D models are concerned, I have some rough preliminary sketches of the three different scenes, and I designed them as such so it would be simple for me to build in 3D. I will begin modeling the scenes probably tonight after watching election results. I should be able to get at least one of the scenes done by tomorrow morning before work.

No comments: